Please buy my Merchandise

Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Into the Mailbag!

Dear fuckface:

Who in the sky-fucking hell do you think you are? You aren't a Carthian any more. What makes you think you can dictate some kind of platform to us?

-No love
(Didn't sign his name. Quel Surprise)

Me. I'm nobody. I'm just some guy. I used to write books about stuff that I thought maybe the Carthians ought to know about.  I was a fan of helping fellow Carthians get an education. A vast number of fellow Carthians gave zero fucks about any of my efforts.  The only people who seemed to be actively upset about what I was doing were the Invictus. So what does that tell you?
In any case, the only thing you need to know about who the fuck I am, is, that I am the guy that was ASKED. A guy who has read my work, reached out to me, asked me questions that he'd been turning over in HIS brain-pan, and got me thinking along the same lines.  I'm the guy who cared enough to share what he'd thought up based on his own experience. I am not some dude walking down from the mountain with the clay tablets of the LAW in his mitts. As I mentioned from the outset chimpy, No one can change the Movement by himself. He can only change himself and hope to inspire others by example.

BTW: I should mention that I receive this exact same email from members of the OD who wonder why I'm wasting my time on this. I should mention that the language is a good deal more formal.

PS: I will say, no one does invective like my former covenant. "Sky-Fucking" is brilliant and I will look for ways to use it in future. So, thank you for that.

Dear Mr Berkowitz:
Why Pillars? Why so many?What's the point of living a moral and ethical existence as a vampire?
Nina

Pillars, because we need something to help hold us up.
So many pillars, because we're vampires and we need special help.

That last question though...
That's the good one.

Morals and ethics are necessary. More necessary than people think they are. Ethics enables you to govern your behavior so that you can live with other people. Morals enables you to govern your behavior so that you can live with yourself.  Some vampires aren't convinced that they need to govern either one. ALL of those vampires inevitably end up destroyed either by us, or by the humans.  But usually, not without committing some viscera-curdling atrocity or otherwise jam-fucking the commonweal first.
Remember kids. It's THEIR world. not ours.  In fact, I may have to make a pillar out of that. Vampires who forget that cause all manner of problems, and eventually, all those chickens come home to roost.

No comments:

Post a Comment